Saturday, July 12, 2014

30 Day Book Challenge! Day 11: Stay Home from the Movies

Day 11: Name two absolutely awful adaptations of books.

1. Hans Brinker

I've talked about this before, so no need to rehash. Simply, though, don't watch it!

2. Prince Caspian

This movie was just so disappointing in so many ways. Added story lines, detracted story lines, characters acting distinctly out of character (what in the world happened to Peter??) - I cannot even force myself to watch it anymore (except I do have to come in and meet Reepicheep each time; he was the best).

What books do you consider to be completely disrespected by their movies?


1 comment:

Lauren said...

While Prince Caspian wasn't a great adaptation of the book, it's not as painful for me to watch it, and I still enjoy it every now and then! As for other books disrespected by their movies...one version of the Scarlet Pimpernel that I watched was absolutely despicable, and turned the story into something terrible. )-;